Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The present volatility helps my trading results

Volatility can be a two-edge sword. It can mess up your results in a big way (not to mention your trading system rules) but it can also enhance them when you are on the right side of the equation. Today is a good example of what volatility can do for me sometimes (hope that it could do it all the time of course..lol). I didn't do anything out of the ordinary today. I didn't stay longer in my positions. I wasn't more patient than usual, nor did I traded a bigger size. I just made the same old trades I do 95% of the time but my results are above average. The only explanation to this is volatility. It was good to have it on my side for most of the time today. But since this is not a factor that I can control, I still have to stick to my basic rules no matter how volatile a particular market can be. T-notes and the euro have been very difficult to trade lately. Maybe other traders have had more success with them but for me it's been nothing but a struggle to trade these. Better days will be back eventually. Markets are always changing. Net result for today +$746 trading 1 contract (commissions included). Details below.


1 comment:

  1. The only way to improve your results is to trade more contracts. Based on your experience level and winning consistency and looking at your blog, it seems that you should try trading 2 contracts all the time on the CL and NG (always all-in / all-out basis).

    [It doesn't look like your heart is in the 6E. Better to drop it as it is a clear laggard in your trading.]

    ReplyDelete