Monday, November 21, 2011

A little too much volatility for me today

Another day of low volume/high volatility on the markets. I guess I better get use to it, and adapt, since it looks like it has become the new normal. And adapt I did. So, for me it's been a day of spread trades again because I definitely prefer to lower my risk when markets conditions are unpredictable like that and spread trades are the only way I know to achieve that, besides of course staying on the sidelines. So, I was successively, long crude/short euro, long January natgas/short December natgas and long t-notes. The end result was not bad at all considering what it could have been had I decided to go all in in a particular direction (and proven wrong) in such a volatile environment. So, one more day in the green with net result of +$495 on the basis of 1 contract traded (commissions included). Details below.


No comments:

Post a Comment