Monday, November 28, 2011

My only lost today is a trade made by mistake

I don't know what I was thinking about when I hit the sell button on the euro early this morning but it took me a little bit of time (maybe 15 minutes) to realize I had actually sold the e-mini S&P 500 Dec. contract instead of the euro. Realizing my mistake, I immediately closed the position at a loss and forgot about any euro trade for the rest of the day. It's always better and less costly to correct the mistake immediately than waiting/hoping for the unwanted trade to start making money before getting rid of it. Fortunately this was my only bad trade of the day. Crude and natgas more than compensated for my mistake on the ES producing together my biggest winning day on a net basis since early July 2011. A very good day indeed. Net result +$976 trading 1 contract (commissions included). Details below.


No comments:

Post a Comment