Thursday, November 24, 2011

I should have stayed on the sidelines today

When there is a shortened trading day like we had today for Thanksgiving, you can either have a very interesting trading session (maybe because nobody really expects it) or a dud. Today was kind of a mix of all that where we had a yawner for the first 2-3 hours and then the markets woke up suddenly towards the end and started doing something. Unfortunately for me I got trapped in the middle of this environment and was "surprised" by the sudden move. After that, I was never really able to turn things around in my favor due to the lack of time until the markets closed. Some days it really is better to stay on the sidelines than going in and lose simply because there's enough time left on the clock. Net result for today -$258 trading 1 contract (commissions included). Details below.


No comments:

Post a Comment