Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A day that really started on the wrong foot

Boy, what a day! Out of luck completely today. Not that luck can be counted on in trading, but usually you do not anticipate absolute bad luck either. This morning at exactly 07:59:52 AM, I entered in a long T-notes trade. At exactly 08:00:00, which is to say 8 seconds later, there was that news coming out of the blue on the wire about a coordinated Central Banks intervention to lower swap rates across the board, effective immediately. Boom! T-notes price dropped instantaneously by approximately 30 ticks, and never really recuperated. From that point I knew my day was pretty much screwed and that all I could possibly try to achieve for the rest of the day was to minimize losses. Needless to say that after such an electro-choc, markets were pretty chaotic and totally clueless in terms of direction. Therefore, I wasn't able to recuperate anything and recorded by biggest losing day in more than 3 months. One consolation: tomorrow cannot be worst from a "bad luck" point of view I am sure. Net result for today -$699 trading 1 contract (commissions included). Details below.


No comments:

Post a Comment