Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The reason why I didn't publish results yesterday

Yesterday, I didn't publish my trading results because I was still holding a sizable position in crude oil at the end of the pit session. 99% of the time I make sure I am flat at 2:30 PM. But yesterday was different. At one point I was down around -160 ticks on that short trade with 4 contracts. I was afraid that by publishing my results readers of this blog would think I had lost $4000, which I had on paper but not in reality. A trade is not over until it's over, right?. So, I didn't take a screen capture of my broker's platform and post it here like I do usually. FYI, the only trade (besides the one on crude oil) I took yesterday was a natgas long trade that ended up at +31.1 ticks. So that is basically the net result for yesterday +$311. Today, I did not trade. I just closed my crude oil short trade when the price dropped to my entry level of 100.07. So, I broke even on that one which is good considering the risk I took by doubling up to 4 contracts yesterday. Therefore there is no result to publish today either. I will be resuming trading tomorrow given a chance.

8 comments:

  1. Its never over until its over. Be careful doubling up, I once found myself in a terrible trade holding 50 6E contracts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before the crude trade I thought you were one of the few profitable traders on ST, now I see your a reckless gambler. You turned a small losing daytrade into a 2X size mega loss swing trade, and decided not to update your followers about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes,I was also very dissapointed that you didnt post about it.I think one of the good qualities is to be humble and accept your losses.I found that you were trying to hide something with your behavior which I find odd because you always update around 2:30 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad you guys think that I lost this crude oil trade which I didn't. The fact that I did not publish it does'nt prove your assumptions are funded. Now that I am unable to go back in time and take that screen capture (the one from tuesday) plays to your advantage. In the past I have always published my losses whenever I had them. Why would it be different now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not accusing you.Since I follow you,I found your behaviour odd.
    Why did you wait 1 full day to publish your positions?
    Nothing to be ashamed of,everyone makes losses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You keep talking about losses although there weren't any except on paper. If you go back to look at any previous posts on this blog you will notice that I am ALWAYS flat at 2:30 PM. Tuesday was different and that is why I didn't publish my results on that day because I wasn't flat. I do not publish positions like you say but closed trades only.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You yourself mentioned that you 'I am ALWAYS flat at 2:30 PM' So what is your net liquidation at that time? You were around a 4k loss at that time and 7k in the night if you decided to swing.Paper trade means no real mony involved.
    Did you do this trade on paper or a practise account?

    ReplyDelete