Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Fed leaves everything as it was - non event

There were a lot of expectations going into the FOMC meeting today but the mountain delivered a mouse so to speak. Most of the action on the market today was before the announcement and not after as it is often the case, although volatility was less than usual. All my trades were made before noon because I do not like being in the market (unless hedged) before the Fed's rate decision press conference. Other than that, I finally was able to make a couple of trades on the euro this morning. It had been a while since my last euro trade. I haven't felt comfortable with currencies lately especially because they have been powered by unpredictable political events/rumors more than anything else. Everything will eventually be back to "normal". The question is when. So, overall, a positive trading day. Net result +$730 trading 2 contracts (commissions included). Details below.


No comments:

Post a Comment