Friday, December 23, 2011

Low volume day typical of Holidays

To start let me wish you all a "ginormous" Merry Christmas! Hope Santa will bring you whatever it is that makes you feel happy. Today's low volume-low correlation environment was typical of Holidays trading. Personally, I only traded during the first hour and a half of the session this morning. I always prefer to limit my exposure when markets display low volume and do not correlate between each others as usual. So, I only did 2 trades. One on natgas and the other on t-notes. Both were small winners. Today was also the 7th consecutive winning day for me and, with only 3 trading days left in December, there is a possibility that I beat my record of 10 consecutive winning day. Not that it matters that much but it would certainly feel nice. I cross my fingers. Net result for today +$230 trading 2 contracts (commissions included). Details below.


1 comment:

  1. If you are trading 2 contracts per position on an all-in / all-out basis, then if you compare what your positive days are now with what they were when you were trading 1 contract per position, don't you see your trading profile changing? In other words, your good days should now be in the range of $800-$1600 *if* you were trading the same.

    My guess is that your winning pct is increasing but less of the winners are being allowed to hit their targets.

    Be honest with yourself. Something is going on here related to targeting daily gains you feel comfortable making instead of trading the same way which got you so far in the first place with just 1 contract trades. There is an emotional barrier you need to cross in your trading which has more to do with ALLOWING YOURSELF to make more through the simple act of trading as though it were still 1 contract per trade.

    SteveH

    ReplyDelete