Monday, January 9, 2012

Most of the action was done before noon

Today, all of my trades were completed before noon. From that point going forward I was satisfied simply being a market observer. Crude oil did indeed push upward after 1:30 PM but it was too late for me at that point considering I try as much as possible to be flat by 2:00/2:30 PM. Nevertheless it was a real nice move that I unfortunately did not catch. I'll have my chances tomorrow, I'm not worried about that. Crude is so volatile that I think one could spend 24hrs a day trading it and be presented with several BIG opportunities to trade long or short along the way. As far as my results are concerned, thanks to another successful spread trade long gold/short euro I was able to rake in a nice profit that kind of put me ahead for the rest of the trading session. Other trades were so so. A good start of the week with net result of +$794 trading 2 contracts (commissions included). Details below.


2 comments: