Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Another gain due to a spread trade

Again today I favored spread trades as my main trading strategy. That didn't work too well last Friday but today was a different story. This morning around 8:30 AM I entered a spread trade long gold/short euro. The transaction netted me a little bit more than $1500 which is not a bad way to start 2012 right? At one point during this morning session I entered into a second spread trade (long e-mini S&P 500/short euro). The result was less spectacular but nonetheless profitable. My other "solo" trades on natgas and t-notes were relatively small losers. All in all a pretty good start of the year with a net result of $1280 trading 2 contracts (commissions included). Details below.


2 comments:

  1. Any particular reason that 2 seems to be your magic number of contracts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is solely a matter of risk management vs the amount of money in my trading account.

    ReplyDelete