Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th screwed my timing

I didn't seem to be able to enter trades at the right time today. Of course I'm kidding when I say it is because of Friday the 13th. Nevertheless, I struggled all day with my timing and that is the reason, I believe, why my results ended up slightly in the red. As a trader you know how important timing (and resolve) is to your bottom line, right? IMO, it's probably the KEY element in successful trading. Bad timing apart, I've been a little bit lucky today to minimize some of my losses particularly on a crude oil long trade that turned against me in a big way. My biggest winner was for a third time in a week a long gold/short euro spread trade that netted me approximately $450. Apart from that, this first Friday the 13th of 2012 is a day to forget and learn from (again?). Net result for today -$353 trading 2 contracts (commissions included). Details below. Have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment