Friday, October 21, 2011

A small losing day because of a... forgotten trade

Something special happened today that had not happened to me in a long time. I blew most of my profits, and even a little bit more, because of a trade that I completly forgot I had. In fact, I thought I had closed it earlier before leaving my desk but obviously something wrong happened, maybe I didn't click properly on the buy button or something else but, anyway, the reality is that this short natgas trade sat there unattended for at least a couple of hours while I was busy preparing to drop my wife at the airport. Of course during that time the market went against my position (no luck here folks). Moral of the story: trading is a high risk activity and anything can happen when you indulged in that activity; good and bad. It's unfortunate because I had had a perfect day until that mistake. Net result: - $123 (trading 1 contract). Detail below.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, we've all been there... but then again, you don't hold positions so this is not really a excusable mistake!

    ReplyDelete